Case Study #3 “Rapid growth technology manufacturer”
Talent Acquisition - Interim Leadership – Linking HR to organizational vision
Situation: A rapidly expanding manufacturer in Central New Hampshire had just promoted its Recruiter. It needed to fill expanding vacancies to keep up with expanding sales, but also was in the process of evaluating its expectations for HR going into the future.
Action: Staring with day one, and continuing for six months, Dave maintained and expanded the current practices for recruiting and hiring.
Results: Dave was able to help the client firm to:
- Fill over 50 positions with external candidates, ranging from Assembler to Plasma Engineer, to Director of Internal Audit
- Identify and establish different recruiting strategies for 6 separate job groups
- Establish the selection criteria for an Applicant Tracking System
- Expand national applicant search tools
- Centralize application acceptance practices
- Create hiring metrics, consistent with business hiring strategies
Though an interim assignment, systems and processes were streamlined, allowing the client to exceed the hiring volume of the previous year, and plan for more effective recruiting approaches and systems.