Case Study #2 “Fast growth national service organization”
Interim Leadership – Linking HR to organizational vision
Situation: A fast-growing service company with employees in 17 states had experienced significant turnover in HR leadership to the point that HR had become an obstacle, not a partner, to the business leaders.
Action: Dave stabilized the situation by taking an immediate and active role in solving ongoing HR issues. Concurrently, Dave identified critical areas of improvement and began to initiate changes necessary to move forward after the assignment ended.
- The Payroll function, covering 17 states, began the planning process to move into a national account status with the payroll vendor
- A first-ever AAP received a letter of compliance from the OFCCP
- The HR function was moved to larger quarters
- HR practices were reviewed and a legally compliant upgrade of procedures was initiated for home and field locations
- A benefit review was conducted to identify strengths and prioritize issues
During Dave’s interim leadership, the HR function experienced a stability it had not ever experienced in the firm, projects were done to establish a better administrative foundation for HR within the firm, and the organization experienced the value of HR contributions to its growth and goals.